Name: Emma Silva
What is the best thing/ skill/ fact that you learnt from each core workshops?
- From CS Package I thought that was fundamental having this introduction on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator specially when for me was all new.
- From Mark Making I just loved the print making and learnt those new techniques as the reductive lines.
- And finally with Critical Design Thinking I thought really interesting putting all my ideas and opinions in a big and complete mindmap which helped me a lot
What was the most difficult task you had to do?
- Well for me the most difficult one was probably the CS Package, only because I am not too familiar with those proggrames.
What was the most useful thing you learnt?
- For me there was this sentence that is still stuck in my head until today from Critical Design Thinking that ” we all, are responsible, and is your choice to select and choose for who you want to work to or who you do not want to work to! Only you decide that!” I think this was a big and really important advice for our future!
What do you want to do more of?
I would like to practice and learn more about computer skills because I do think that that is one of my weakest points.
What was the most interesting practitioner that you researched and why?
My favourite practitioner so far was Paula Scher, she is an American graphic designer and typographer which she combines illustration with type. I found her work really interesting and I want to do some sketches inspired on her work. (I will do a post about her and her work soon)
What are you the most proud of?
I am proud of everything in general, to be quite honest, I never thought that I would learn so much in this short of time of lessons… It is amazing to think that I still have a long year in front of me and I am constantly learning new things. I can not wait to finish this year and actually see how much I have been improved.
(Every module or workshop that I mentioned in this post you can find on my other posts in this blog.)